Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2009

Nadines erste deutsche Weihnacht!

Nadine hat folgende Gedanken zusammen getragen:

Christmas and New Year celebrations have come and gone but not without leaving me with something to remember when I am back home. First is the decoration all over the town really suitable for a mighty king who how lord Jesus really is. It was really a good experience spending Christmas and New Year away from home thus learning about a new culture which I think I have learnt. I really enjoyed also the “Adventskranz “ which shone in homes and in the churches during the advent season. The coming together of the christian community on the eve of Christmas to eat, drink and merrily wishing each other happy New Year is also very nice for me.

How ever these experiences came with a bitter lession which remains in my mind for the rest of the life. This is the drastic drop in temperature that I have never come closer to till present. Talking about New Year celebration most remarkably will be about the fireworks that thundered the whole city through out the night. I watched with admiration the lights as they rose and fell and I also did some myself. This is different from home where we have a few gun shots but I will say gun shooting is part of our African culture.

Keine Kommentare: