Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2009

Messdienerin Nadine

Es folgt ein kleiner Erfahrungsbericht von Nadine als Messdienerin in St. Josef. Während meiner Zeit in Kumbo habe ich NIE eine MessdienerIN gesehen - immer durften nur die Jungs dienen. Ich hoffe, Bischof George nimmt uns das nicht übel :-)

"MY EXPERIENCE AS A MASS SERVER IN ST JOSEF

All my life in kumbo I have never serve at mass. It was not a common place activity for girls in our diocese few years back and I actually never thought of joining the group even when it was finally introduced in my parish. Some parishes still have mass serving as a group meant only for boys since they are still enough boys to serve every Sunday at mass. There are other groups where the girls can fit themselves like YCS, YCW and Cardets of Mary.

This is not the case in St Josef where approximately 2/3 of the group´s members are girls. Besides this is the main youth group in the parish and the young mass expressed their wish to have me with them. I will also have no other forum to meet the young people if not in the mass servers group. They have a well organized setting. I like it in the group because my friends and other young people I know all belong to the group. I did not think it that fascinating at the beginning but I am contented it mass serving at the moment. It is also another Experience because I think I would not have done it in kumbo under normal circumstances. The Young Christian Students´ group had been from the early years my choice."

Keine Kommentare: