Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009

Impressions from my first weeks full-time in the Kindergarten

I have been a whole week with the children and it was great fun. The children are getting use to me and I am knowing them more too. I enjoy watching them play their numerous games and many times I have to sit and learn before I can play with them. I also fine it so amusing that at this tender age they are able to do some craft work. This is not the case in my home land where children have fewer games and spent their two years in the nursery school trying to learn numbers, letters of the alphabet and colours. A greater percentage of our children do not even go to nursery school and stay at home until they reach the age to start with primary school. I myself as a kid never went to a nursery school .

Very much more interesting are the group meetings held by the teachers hand the kids in the various groups. Here they plan their activities together and the children give their impressions of what they find good and what to them is abnormal. I think by so doing the children develop the spirit of expressing themselves without fear.

All in all it has been wonderful weeks and a good beginning and I am looking forward to spend a good time with them and learning more as the days go by.

Keine Kommentare: