Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2009

Carneval Celebration

I continue to experience aspects of the German culture as days go by. Of recent is the carneval celebration, according to my interpretation of it, a time or period the people put aside their real persons to make fun and enjoy themselves. One can not be tempted not to laugh at the activities accompanying this celebration. First in the way the people dress and the fun they make. It is also much more amusing to see people one know so well turn themselves in to real clowns.
It was an interesting evening in St. Josef as I watch the activities commemorating the celebration in the parish. It is unfortunate that I could not understood all that was being said and could only deduce it is something funny because of the buzzing laughter in the hall.

I did not only stop within the parish but also went in to the city to watch the various demonstration and it was interesting looking at all the funny dressings and the young and old alike bind in the all thing and battalion of onlookers just like myself.

One will normally be prompted to know the origin and why the” Fasching “ and it is exactly what I did and was able to come up with two versions of the reason for Carneval. I think it is nice and I would do same if only it meant commemorating the end of the winter season, so I was told was the traditional reason behind carneval. I have longed for its end and this gives me reason to be happy.
I also learnt it is a period to rejoice before entering into the Lenten period, a season we meditate over the passion of our Saviour Jesus Christ. My year of experience will be enough for me to learn really much about the German culture in various domains.

Keine Kommentare: